Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Half Marathon: 6 Weeks to go

I don't like the look of that title... "6 Weeks" it seems so short! Someone tell me where the time went?

All good runners have a training plan (so I have been told), but being the over prepared person that I am I have 2 training plans. One that isn't to hard, so when I have my off days (or weeks) I can at least feel good about what I have done. And the oh so impossible training plan that has made me feel like I need to step up my game and get a move on! Either way I feel good that I at least have a plan.

Half marathons seemed so daunting when I first started running, but now I have a feeling of excitement and mystery that surrounds it. Will I be able to do it? How will I feel? Will I want to do another?

My current mystery that needs solving is what to do about water and fuel mid run? Do I buy those fanny pack looking water bottle holder things? (yep that is my fancy wording for them) 

But I hate extra 'stuff' on me! I want to be as free as possible and the less weight the better. The runners in Roman times ran naked, I'm not saying I want to, but I totally understand why they did!

Or what about the water bottles (that look like they are going to school) with a backpack you hold on to? Can I handle holding onto a water bottle for 13 miles? Pros? Cons? I'd love some others to weigh in on this.

My last long run I brought a bottle of water with me and started my run. It quickly found a home among the trees before the 1mile mark. Don't worry I looped around and picked it back up on my run back. But that made me really think... what am I going to do??

First world runner problems..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment